The course is relevant for
- Operation room nurses undergoing training for their role as sterile assistant, scrub nurse, or circulating nurse in robotic surgery
- Medical doctors for their mandatory training as assistant surgeons;
- Medical doctors for their qualifying education as console surgeons through mentorship.
The module structure of the course
The Modules can be found in "Kursusportalen", Capital Region. The additional modules are only available after the Basic course are completed.
Teaching goals for RAMI education
After completion of the course the applicant will know how to:
- Set-up components in a robot surgical system, including draping
- Participate in positioning, docking, and setting ports.
- Proficient in basic functions of the robot
- Change components, instruments and equipment used in the operative procedure
- Set-up the console for individual use / know how to use console
- As a part of the team, how to participate in troubleshooting
- As a part of the team, how to participate in emergency procedures / undocking
- Know the roles and responsibilities of the team functions
- Be competent in simulated procedures such as suturing, knot tying, cutting and coagulation
- Handle living tissue appropriately with robot and laparoscopic instruments