The cooperation between the Jiangsu Province and the Capital Region of Denmark
The twinning relation was established in 2013. In January 2015, the initial direction of the cooperation with Jiangsu was outlined in three cooperation agreements on:
Please click the links to read more.
Stronger relations built on research and mutual beneficial business opportunities
The cooperation with the Jiangsu province is a part of the overall strategy of internationalisation of the Region. International cooperation creates regional development for the benefit of our citizens and companies. The government-to-government relations with Jiangsu Province will:
- Create stronger research environments in our universities and hospitals,
- Support Chinese and Danish companies looking for mutually beneficial business and investment opportunities,
- Enable stronger relations to Jiangsu in general, across both private and public sectors
Economic relations with Jiangsu Province are already thieving
In 2013, exports from Jiangsu to Denmark totalled CNY 3.9 billion, while the import from Denmark was CNY 1.36 billion. Intensifying political relations will boost export and import in the years to come.
By February 2014, there were 157 Danish investment projects in Jiangsu with a total value of CNY 4.5 billons. The largest Danish investors in Jiangsu are the companies Scandinavian Farm, NKT Cables, Novozymes, AMC-SCHOU and Vestas. Suzhou has been a stronghold for Danish investments into Jiangsu. The Jiangsu investments in Denmark totalled CNY 26 million by the end of 2013.
Strong regional and national political relations form the backbone of commercial relations
On the local government-to-government level, a number of Danish cities have signed sister-city agreements with cities in Jiangsu. These include Changzhou/Randers, Suzhou/Esbjerg, Wuxi/Bycirklen and Nantong/Vejle.
In recent years, there have been a number of Danish high-level visits to Jiangsu province.
In November 2016, a delegation from the Capital Region of Denmark led by the Chairman of the Regional Council, Sophie Hæstorp Andersen, visited Jiangsu Province and met with the Governor of Jiangsu Mr. Shi Taifeng. The delegation visited Shanghai, Suzhou, Nantong and Nanjing. And on November 28th 2016 the
Vice-Guvernor of Jiangsu Mr. Zhang Jinghua paid a courtesy visit to Copenhagen including a
lunch-meeting with chairman Andersen at the Royal Danish Parliament.
- In January 2015, a delegation from the Capital Region of Denmark led by the Chairman of the Regional Council, Sophie Hæstorp Andersen, visited Jiangsu Province and met with the Governor of Jiangsu, Mr. Li Xueyong. The delegation visited Nanjing and Wuxi.
- In April 2014 during the Danish State Visit to China, Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II and the Prince Consort Henrik, along with a Danish minister and business delegation, visited Nanjing and Suzhou.
- In June 2013, the Secretary of CPC Jiangsu Provincial Committee and Chairman of the Standing Committee of Jiangsu Provincial People's Congress, Mr. Luo Zhijun visited Denmark. Mr. Luo met with the Danish Ministry of the Environment, and with The Capital Region of Denmark.
The visit to Jiangsu in November 2016 was covered by local media: