For more information about Greater Copenhagen, visit greatercph.com
Greater Copenhagen is a partnership between Eastern Denmark and Southern Sweden to create jobs and economic growth.
A powerful international identity gives us an edge when it comes to competing with other cities, such as Amsterdam and Hamburg, to attract research funding, talent and business.
Metropolis teeming with opportunity
Greater Copenhagen is Northern Europe’s most vibrant metropolitan region and has global impact. It is home to 3.9 million people, offers top living standards, highly-skilled employees and has many qualities when it comes to green solutions, health, creativity and innovation.
- Is clean, environment friendly and a frontrunner for innovation and green investment
- Has easy access to 100 m consumers
- Has excellent infrastructure, with Copenhagen Airport nominated as Europe’s best airport multiple times
- Is a hub for knowledge and excellence, boasting approx. 14,000 researchers, 19 research parks and innovation centres and 17 universities
- Is famous for elegant Scandinavian design, Nordic cuisine, architecture and historical castles
- Offers high standards of living and a unique work-life balance
Shared solutions to shared challenges
Greater Copenhagen is about breaking down barriers between local authorities, regions and countries and about creating a partnership where we all pull in the same direction and invest in shared solutions to shared challenges.
This partnership makes it easier and more attractive to set up an enterprise, invest and settle in the metropolitan region. Collaboration will also ensure that we qualify competent employees for business and industry and that education and research are of a high international calibre.
Facts about Greater Copenhagen