Research Data Manager for the PERSIMUNE Data Warehouse
Would you like to support medical research by improving quality and usability of health data?
The Centre of Excellence for Health, Immunity and Infections (CHIP; www.chip.dk), Rigshospitalet seeks to appoint an interested and innovative individual, preferably with experience managing health data, to manage the research elements of the PERSIMUNE Data Warehouse. As part of this role, this person will drive improvement of accessibility, cleaning and documentation of data that is being used for high impact medical research. The candidate will need to work as part of a multidisciplinary research team and will be an integral part of the research environment
Specific duties include:
- Oversee and manage data cleaning activities
- Ensure data are clearly described and consistently documented in a data catalogue
- Communicate with stakeholders to determine priority tasks
- Form and drive small working groups of researchers, clinicians and IT professionals to see individual tasks through to completion
- Generate regular reports outlining available data for both clinicians and researchers utilizing the Data Warehouse
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Work experience, M. Sc. or Professional qualification in data science, data management or health IT
- Excellent interpersonal and interdisciplinary oral and written communication skills in English and Danish
- A good understanding of needs and requirements for data cleaning, data documentation and data cataloguing
- Ability to work independently and prioritise tasks
- Excellent time management and be able to work to deadlines
- Commitment to continuous professional development
Desirable Qualifications and experience:
- Experience working with registry health data. Experience working with Danish health data would be a clear advantage although similar experience in other systems is also welcome
- Experience in project management, such as agile management, scope management, stakeholder management, resource management and related development processes
- Experience working with SQL
- Experience developing standard operating procedures (SOP) and stratified Quality Assurance Procedures
- An interest or background in subject area, including infectious diseases, immune dysfunction and personalized medicine
About PERSIMUNE and the Data Warehouse
PERSIMUNE (PM; www.persimune.dk) is a multidisciplinary centre of excellence embedded within CHIP and funded by the Danish National Research Foundation. PM works from the hypothesis that across patients with impaired immune function, there is a common pattern of un-discovered risk factors explaining the variation in risk of infectious complications. We aim at understanding the mechanisms explaining the variation in risk using a diverse set of methodologies, including pattern recognition from big data from routine clinical care, studies of host and microbial genetics, imaging, and immunological characterization. These data will be used to develop clinical algorithms aimed at improving the clinical outcomes in patients with various immune dysfunction. Data used in the development of these clinical algorithms comes from the PM Data Warehouse. The PM Data Warehouse brings together data from multiple Danish health registries, clinical databases and ongoing molecular and omics studies. The Data Warehouse is the cornerstone of PERSIMUNE activities and serves as the source for multiple clinical applications that are embedded within clinical departments as well as ongoing research projects.
The position is a full-time position and is currently granted for a two-year period with possibility for extension.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with current public agreements in the Capital Region of Denmark. We want to reflect the surrounding society and encourage everyone regardless of personal background to apply.
For more information, please contact:
Daniel Dawson Murray, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 3545 5895
Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen
DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Application via link before June 23, 2021.