It is becoming increasingly more common to see electric vehicles in the streets, and now the Capital Region of Denmark is also contributing to green mobility.
No traditional vehicles from summer 2014
When hospitals, institutions and the administration are to buy new light vehicles from 1 July 2014, they will have to think of other solutions than traditional petrol and diesel powered vehicles.
Only environmentally friendly procurement
From that time, all the region’s own newly purchased vehicles will have to be powered by other energy sources than fossil fuels, for example electric vehicles. Only ambulances and physician response vehicles will be exempted.
Green mobility - part of the new budget
The new budget for 2014, which was adopted by the Regional Council on 24 September, puts additional focus on green mobility.
Very important signal
“I am very pleased that the Capital Region of Denmark is the first region only to purchase vehicles powered by climate-friendly fuels. This sends a very important signal to the public that we are frontrunners, because we want to be Europe’s leading user of electric vehicles,” said Lars Gaardhøj from the Danish Social Democrats and Chairman of the Committee for the Environment and Green Growth in the Capital Region of Denmark.
The Capital Region of Denmark’s own vehicles are typically used for environmental assignments and for carrying post and samples.
Regional electric vehicles secretariat
As part of the ambitious electric vehicle venture, a regional electric vehicles secretariat has been set up, Copenhagen Electric, which is to generate knowledge across sectors and be the capital region’s main source of knowledge about and experience with electric vehicles.
For more information please contact:
- Lars Gaardhøj from the Danish Social Democrats and Chairman of the Committee for the Environment and Green Growth in the Capital Region of Denmark, mobile phone +45 28 92 25 98
Other members of the Committee for the Environment and Green Growth:
- Lise Rask from the Danish Social Democrats, mobile +45 26 74 73 07
- Abbas Razvi from the Danish Social-Liberal Party, mobile +45 26 89 94 82
- Ole Søbæk from Conservative People's Party, mobile +45 51 15 50 01
- Ellen Thrane from the Socialist People's Party, mobile +45 26 27 83 29
- Henrik Thorup from the Danish People’s Party, mobile +45 40 40 81 88
- Bent Larsen from Denmark's Liberal Party, mobile +45 25 35 24 24
- Per Roswall from Denmark's Liberal Party, tel. +45 48 31 89 87
- Susanne Langer from the Red-Green Alliance, mobile +45 24 64 73 11
- Kåre Albrechtsen, Head of Secretariat, Copenhagen Electric, mobile +45 24 63 88 68
- Public Relations in the Capital Region of Denmark, tel. +45 70 20 95 88